The Course Directory
[ click here for a Quick Start Guide to using the Directory ]
For Delta Module 2, you will need to complete 5 practical assignments.
These are: The Professional Development Assignment (PDA) This consists of:
- An observed, unassessed diagnostic lesson to start you thinking about areas to work on in your teaching
- A reflective essay, written in stages through the course; in it you consider areas to work on in your teaching, suggest strategies for improving in these areas, and reflect on your development during the course (2000-2500 words)
- An experimental practice assignment, in which you investigate an area of classroom practice that is new to you, teach a lesson (unobserved) to try out this practice, and reflect on what you learn from it.
Two Language Systems Assignments (LSA): These focus on any two of the following areas: grammar, lexis, phonology, discourse Two Language Skills Assignments (LSA): These focus on one receptive skill (reading or listening) AND one productive skill (speaking or writing) Three of the four LSAs are assessed internally by your Personal Delta Tutor (PDT). The fourth is assessed externally by a visiting assessor. Each LSA is made up of three parts:
- A background essay, which looks into the theoretical aspects of the area you choose to focus on, and discusses how these relate to the classroom (2000 – 2500 words)
- A taught lesson, which is supported by a detailed plan including a short commentary
- A post-lesson evaluation (PLE) which reflects on the strengths and weaknesses of the lesson